There’s nothing I hate more than an old tube of mascara. UGH. Is it already time for another one? I mean really, it seems like I go through a tube faster than deodorant, hairspray, shampoo, or any other necessary toiletry. Maybe I coat a lot!? Fortunately, I usually have a few backup tubes on hand. BUT, I don’t like pulling them out until it is truly time to use them. Call me a hoarder, mascara freak, or whatever you want. I simply hate tossing an old tube of mascara in the trash. It’s like saying goodbye to a friend!
How do you know when it’s time to let go of your tube??
- The wiper is dirty and doesn’t work properly. New mascaras have the most beautiful and clean wipers. Old ones are usually covered in old mascara. Gross. It’s time to throw yours away.
- If your mascara is getting difficult to apply, it might be time for a new tube. This is my problem right now, and I am sad. I want to use every last drop of mascara in the tube, but it really isn’t working effectively anymore. Time to move on and get a new one. Bummer. But at least my lashes will look better!
- Does the wand look ruined? This can happen after several applications. When it does, the mascara doesn’t apply as well. Get a new tube for improved application.
- Are you lashes looking clumpy? YIKES. If you keep using this mascara, you could end up with spider lashes.
- Is the mascara starting to irritate your eyes? Perhaps some bacteria has entered the tube during the applications. After awhile, this can affect the formula and cause reactions in or around the eye area. It’s best to get a fresh tube.
If you are like me, you probably wish that your tube of mascara was magical and never-ending. Unfortunately, that’s not how it works. Here are some of my favorites to try in the meantime.
Happy shopping. xoxo