This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #SkinClearingMakeup #CollectiveBias
It’s back to school season, and I’ve been meeting with a lot of teens and college-aged students who want to improve their makeup game. I find that these girls all share one thing in common – they do not have a lot of time for makeup, but that does NOT mean they don’t want to wear it!
Today’s teens rely on quick and effective solutions to help them look their best and make a good impression. And, they are particularly concerned about their skin. One blemish can give their self esteem an unfortunate decline – and that is not good.
One thing that I hope teens don’t do when their skin is suffering is rush to the store for the thickest foundation they can find. Instead, I’d prefer them to make a smart choice with their skin and their makeup. I like to recommend products that are developed by dermatologists, like Neutrogena® SkinClearing® new oil-free formula that controls shine and won’t clog pores. The Neutrogena® SkinClearing® makeup is also great because it covers up and helps prevent breakouts while you wear it. It does not look heavy on the skin, but can provide coverage. You can also use the Neutrogena® SkinClearing® Blemish Concealer to spot cover and create a flawless complexion. This is vital, whether the teen is taking on their first class of the day or going to the ever popular homecoming dance.
It’s important to remember, if the skin looks good, the makeup looks good!! It’s really that simple.
Tips For Success a Flawless Complexion:
You don’t need to be a makeup artist to know how to create a flawless face with your makeup. Instead, follow these helpful tips.
- Apply the liquid foundation with your fingers! They are one of the best tools for blending the product into your skin.
- You do not need to cover foundation equally all over. Instead, focus foundation application on the areas where your skin needs the most coverage. Blend from there. You can always layer the product for added coverage – especially in areas where you have breakouts.
- Use concealer AFTER foundation where you need extra coverage. Use a stippling motion with the concealer to get a more natural look. I love that theNeutrogena® SkinClearing® Blemish Concealer provides natural-looking coverage and reduces the visibility of acne and other blemishes while also helping to improve your skin.
- Finish with powder. It is smart to avoid powder on the cheekbones. It’s nice to have some shine on this area of the face. It gives you a natural glow and/or highlight. The Neutrogena® SkinClearing® Mineral Powder works to clear and prevent breakouts, and is gentle on the skin, which I love.
Day to Night Looks
After spending time to perfect your face, you can spend a few quick minutes for a nice day look that will help you look your best at school. When you are going out at night or going to a dance at school, try the following tips:
- apply a little more foundation for added coverage.
- amp up the mascara Neutrogena® Nourishing Eyeliner so the eyes pops.
- trade in your lip color for something more dramatic.
For the Beca’s night look above, we kept the lips the same because she looks amazing in Neutrogena® Moisturesmooth Colorstick in Pink Nude. Then, we added lots of Neutrogena® Nourishing Eyeliner in brown. I love how amazing this color looks on her eyes. I think she will look radiant on the dance floor. And the best part about it is, her skin is glowing.
Check out this amazing line of makeup the next you are at CVS!
This post is sponsored by NEUTROGENA®. I only recommend products I use personally and believe my followers will also enjoy! Some of the products mentioned were provided by NEUTROGENA® for this review.